- Effective Date: November 11, 2019
- Teva Respiratory, LLC ("Teva") is providing this notice (“Privacy Notice”) to explain our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. This Privacy Notice applies only to the use and collection of data collected by this website, and does not apply to any other data collected by Teva or its affiliates through any other website or other means.
- As used in this Privacy Notice, "we," "our" and "us" means Teva, and its related companies and affiliates.
The Data We Collect
- We collect and store information that you voluntarily choose to give us or enter on our website (e.g., your name, address, e-mail address, mobile number, username and password (if any), and medication or other health information that you provide during account registration or thereafter). If you do not want us to collect this information, please do not provide it to us.
- We may also collect certain identifying and activity information automatically, such as your device type, Internet Protocol (IP) address, device and advertising identifiers, operating system, Internet service provider, the date and time of your website use, information about the links you click and your other interactions with the website, and other standard log information. We also may receive error-reporting information in the event of a technical error, including the device type and version, device identifiers, the time the error occurred, the feature being used, the state of the website when the error occurred, and any communications or content provided at the time the error occurred.
Use and Sharing of Data
- We may use the data we collect, including your personally identifiable information, for authentication purposes, to provide you with services that you request, and/or to personalize product or service information for you. We may also use the data we collect, including your personally identifiable information, to provide you with additional information about our products and services, to provide you with advertising based on your activity on our websites and on third-party websites, to optimize or improve our products, services and operations (including the effectiveness of our promotional or advertising campaigns), to manage customer information across Teva websites, apps and other platforms and to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal, or for technical support, troubleshooting or account administration purposes. We may also share your personally identifiable information with our affiliates, agents, contractors, or trusted business partners in order that they may perform services for us. Our agents, contractors, or trusted business partners may use your information consistent with their own privacy notices.
- We may also share your personally identifying information (i) as required by law, (ii) to protect and defend the rights of Teva, the website, or the users of the website, (iii) as incident to a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or similar event, (iv) under circumstances we believe reasonably necessary to protect the personal safety of users of Teva products and services, the website or the public, or (v) as specifically directed by you.
- We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Notice. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- We conduct research or analysis on users’ demographics, interests and behaviors based upon information provided to us during use of our website and we may combine your information with information collected from other individuals to produce anonymous, aggregated statistical information. Aggregated data does not include personally identifiable information. We use this demographic information, such as the percentage of male or female visitors, or the percentage of visitors within certain age brackets, to gain user insights or improve the content of our website. We also may share this anonymous, aggregated information, which does not include personally identifiable information, with third parties.
Safety, Efficacy and Quality
You should also be aware that any communication you submit or that may be posted to any publicly viewable interactive feature such as a blog, community forum or testimonial page is a public communication and may be viewed by the general public. Therefore, you should not expect privacy or confidentiality of the content you submit to such services over our websites, whether or not it includes personal information about you. If you display your personal information in any communication submitted to such services or features, other individuals may collect and use your personal information. We are not responsible for, nor can we guarantee the protection of, any personal information you disclose in a communication submitted to such services or features for posting or contained in an email or other communication submitted to us for such posting, and thus, if you disclose personal information in any such material, you do so at your own risk.
From time to time, we display personal testimonials on our website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at USPrivacy@tevapharm.com.
- We may collect your contact information through the website to provide you product, safety or service information or other requested information or services. By providing your contact information to us, you consent to receive electronic communications, including email communications, from Teva regarding the website and other related matters. If you subscribe to a newsletter(s) or request other product or service information, we will use your contact information to send such information to you. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us at USPrivacy@tevapharm.com.
- On some websites, if you choose to use our referral function to tell a friend about our website, we will ask you for your friend's name and e-mail address as well as your information. The form automatically sends your friend a one-time e-mail inviting him or her to visit the website. We will only collect and use this information to send this invitation.
We may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys on our website. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and email address), and demographic and/or health information (such as zip code and health condition information).
Social Media Features
Our website may include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button and Widgets, such as the Share this button or interactive mini-programs that run on our website. These Features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social Media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the Privacy Notice of the company providing it. In addition, if you use social media or other third-party services (e.g., Facebook or Google) to login to the website, these third parties may be able to collect information about you in accordance with their own privacy notices. We do not control the privacy practices of these third parties, and you should review their privacy notices carefully.
Protecting Your Information
We have enacted commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to secure your information that is stored on our systems. You should understand, however, that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure.
Special Note Regarding Website Use By Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. This website is not intended or designed to attract children. If you are under 13, please do not send any personal information about yourself to us. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at USPrivacy@tevapharm.com and we will delete such information.
Links to Other Websites
As a resource to our visitors, we may provide links to other websites. Please be aware that these other websites are not covered under this Privacy Notice. We suggest that when linking to another website, you always read that website's privacy notice before volunteering any personally identifiable information.
Some services on this website may make use of location-based data. If you allow these services, we may collect information about the Wi-Fi routers closest to you or the cell IDs of the towers closest to you. We may use this information to provide the requested service or to provide you content based upon your location. Although we may use or collect geo-location data, we are not capable of assisting in an emergency.
"Refer-A-Friend" or “Forward-to-a-Friend” Functionality
We may offer you opportunities to request that we send content from our website or otherwise reach out to friends or family members that you believe may be interested in learning more about our products or services. If you choose to make such a referral, which is voluntary, we may ask you for your name and contact information as well as contact information for the individual or individuals that you refer, such as their name, email address and/or phone number. When we contact your friend, we may identify you as the party that made the referral.
Online Tracking and Opt-Out Options
We work with third party advertising or personalization partners that use tracking pixels or cookies to help us display personalized content and advertising based on your visits to this website or other websites, and across your devices. Cookies placed by our third party partners may also assist us with measuring the performance of our advertising campaigns. Some of these third parties permit you to opt-out of cookies and interest-based advertising through the Network Advertising Initiative (http://www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp) and Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/).
Do Not Track (DNT) is a preference you can set in your web browser to let the websites you visit know that you do not want to be tracked. You can disable or enable this setting by visiting the Preferences or Settings menu of your web browser. This website does not respond to do not track (DNT) signals.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Teva may, from time to time in its sole discretion, change or modify this Privacy Notice to accommodate new technologies, industry practices, regulatory requirements or for other purposes. Any changes or modifications will be effective upon posting of the revisions on the website. At any given time, your access and use of the website and provision of information is governed by the Privacy Notice then in effect. We may post changes or modifications to referenced policies and guidelines without your approval, and may determine whether and when any such changes apply to you. Your continued use of the website following our posting of any changes or modifications will constitute your acceptance of such changes or modifications. Should you not wish to be bound by the modified Privacy Notice, you may not use or access the website. We will provide notice to you if these changes are material and, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent.
- Comments, suggestions, or other communications sent by you to us are deemed to be non-confidential. We have no obligations of any kind in relation to such comments, suggestions, or communications and are free to use or distribute them in any way, including in relation to the administration, update, or improvement of the website, without compensation to the author, sender, or any other party.
- By using the website, you signify your assent to this Privacy Notice. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice you may contact us at:
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
Attn: North America Privacy Officer
400 Interpace Parkway
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
- Under California law, a California resident with whom “Teva” has an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information “Teva” has shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. All requests for such information must be in writing and sent to:
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
Attn: North America Privacy Officer
400 Interpace Parkway
Parsippany, NJ 07054